Animal Talk Rescue is now Seattle Area Feline Rescue
We are proud to announce our new name: Seattle Area Feline Rescue!
Animal Talk Rescue has faced many big changes in the last few months: we lost our lease and had to move out of our old building, we expanded our foster network and found temporary homes for all the animals in our care. We have now found a new home and are in the process of renovations. Now, we are changing our name--one that reflects our continued dedication to rescuing homeless cats.
The new name differentiates us from Animal Talk the Pet Shop. Animal Talk Rescue was housed in the same location as the pet store for many years, until last October. Two organizations with such similar names leads to confusion and mistakes, making this name change necessary.
While a new name can feel like a dramatic change, at our core we're still the same, with the same donors, volunteers and foster homes who have supported us for years.
For now, our web site and email addresses will remain the same, so if you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
Help Us Build Our New Rescue
We have found a new adoption center location. Renovating the space and moving is expensive! Can you help us? Get involved in one of these ways:
- Our adoption center will feature a unique wall decorated with personalized tiles—and you can reserve yours now!
- Donate to our latest fundraising initiative to help us torenovate and purchase new enclosures.
- Are you a construction, HVAC, electrician or plumbing professional willing to help out we'd love to hear from you. (Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Donate supplies and equipment. We need everything from tables & chairs, to shelving, sinks, refrigerators, and more. See full list of items and specifications.
Our new address will be: 14717 Aurora Ave. N, Shoreline, WA
In the meantime, we need foster homes! Do you have a bathroom or a small room that can accommodate one or two cats? Please consider fostering a cat or kittens. ATR provides the food and litter, plus guidance. You provide love and safety.
Thank you all for your continued support!
Finding homes for felines
Every Sunday, 12 - 5 PM: Northgate Petco
To end the plight and suffering of homeless, neglected and abused companion animals, and to educate the public about the benefits of spaying and neutering.
About the Rescue
We are a non-profit no kill rescue in Seattle. If you are looking to adopt a cat or kitten, please come visit us, email us, or learn more about our adoptable pets online.
While the rescue focus has been primarily with cats and kittens, rescue of any abused, abandoned or neglected companion animals is undertaken, provided there is space available.
We cannot accept lost and found animals, the law states they must be handled by your local Animal Control. (Check here to find Animal Control for your area.)
Ways to help:
- Do you shop at Bartell's? If so, consider getting a "B' Caring Card and help ATR every time you shop there! (Use our ID # 500042905 when you sign up.)
- Purchase a PCC Scrip Card by emailing email@example.com. Scrip cards can be used at any PCC. Every time you use your card, ATR earns 5 percent of the amount applied to your card.
- Support your favorite nonprofit just by shopping at Fred Meyer with your Rewards Card. Sign up using our number 92786.
- Make life for our rescue kitties more comfortable--donate a Kuranda bed!